Yes, that’s right… Pine Needles!
The medicinal use of Pine Needles by Indigenous People can be traced back thousands of years and across all continents. Today, we’re sharing three such uses with you!
But first here are some Pine Needle Facts:
- A Small Handful of Pine Needles has more Vitamin A than a carrot
- Pine Needles, in equivalent weight, have 4-5 times more Vitamin C than an Orange
- Pine Needle Tea and/or Tincture is a decongestant & will break up stuffiness in your sinuses!
Gathering & Prep
Hint: Try different varieties & mixtures. The youngest, greenest needles will make the best-tasting teas!
Delicious & refreshing when prepared following these steps exactly! DO NOT OVER BOIL!
- For Each 1/4 Cup of Pine Needles, bring 2 Cups of Water to a Boil
- Remove Water from heat and wait for all signs of boiling to dissipate (no more bubbles)
- Add Pine Needles & Cover for 5 mins
- Strain & Serve Hot or Cold (over ice) with Lemon & Honey for a refreshing drink!
Powerful Antiseptic/Antibacterial Wash
Can be used as an antiseptic hand cleanser or to clean scratches and abrasions before bandaging.
- Follow the Refreshing Tea recipe above to step 3. Do NOT add honey or lemon!
- Allow to cool completely
- Add 1 eye-dropper full of Colloidal Silver & 1 drop of Tea Tree Oil for each cup of water used
- Mix Thoroughly and put into a small spray bottle or soap dispenser
Can be used to treat chest and sinus congestion. Fair warning, doesn’t taste too good, thankfully they’re just tiny little shots!!
- For each 1/4 Cup Pine Needles Bring 1 Cup of Water to a Steady, Rolling Boil. (Recommended: Start with 1 Cup Chopped Pine Needles & 4 Cups Water)
- Add Pine Needles
- Add 2Tbsp Honey, 1 Pinch Cinnamon & 5-10 Fresh Mint Leaves
- Allow to Boil Until 2/3rds of the water in the mixture has evaporated
- Remove from Heat & Allow to Cool
- Strain and place in a glass jar in the fridge
- Take one 1oz shot twice daily while symptoms persist.
See? We Don’t Just Like Acupuncture Needles!!!
Enjoy this post? Please share with your friends & family on your favorite Social Networks: